Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wire + Beads + Knitting Needles = Fun!

While at the fabric store for completely non-knitting related supplies (like new pinking shears after breaking mine cutting up dress shirts for the rug I'm making for this not-yarn-along), I realized they actually sold jewelry-making goodies, too. Having seen that jewelry can be knitted, I couldn't resist the temptation to snatch up a few packets of beads, some clasps and some wire. I spent the better part of yesterday evening threading the colorful beads onto my wire. Then, I cast on and now have about half a bracelet. I love the look of it. Just doing a simple garter stitch, placing a bead between each stitch makes a stunning little bracelet. It's actually quite dainty.

I attempted to photograph the thing, but it doesn't seem very photogenic (darn double chin). My camera seems to have trouble focusing in on it. I'm going to attempt it again after recharging the camera batteries and see if it'll work better if I just place it on an all white background. I'll let you know when I get a picture of it posted on my site so you can come have a look.