Thursday, April 14, 2005

Knitting With Wire

Hello everybody! My name is Sandy, and this knitalong couldn't have come at a better time for me - a few days ago, I discovered knitting with wire. I always knew it was something you could do, but never gave it a second thought until I saw the two wire projects in the book "Simple Knits with a Twist" - a lovely knitted copper bowl and beaded napkin holders. I knew I had to try it:



I haven't decided yet what I'm going to knit out of wire - perhaps a beaded candle shade, or a choker, or a bowl inspired by the Simple Knits book. Either way, I'll be talking about my progress at my website Burnt Orange (and here's the original post I wrote about knitting with wire, with a few more pictures). I can't wait to see what the rest of you ladies come up with - I have the feeling there are going to be some creative projects in the coming months! Best of luck! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Dust Nimsakont said...

Very cool. I'll be interested to see what you end up making.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am knitting jewelry with wire and beads. I bought the kits from a friend who sells them. The bracelets only took me 3 hours to do and that included the time it took me to string the beads! I don't have a blog so if you care to see pictures you can email me, or you can see the kits on my friends website: www.frivolousfibers.com.
Mary

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home