Saturday, April 16, 2005

My Material of Choice

Hello everyone. I'm just thought I'd introduce myself and reveal my not yarn choice. I'm Vicki and I love the idea for this "Along". I still have to get the button and add it to my blog. I got my idea from a book a looked through at the bookstore but decided not to bring home. I believe it was "Knit Wits" but I wouldn't swear to it. Anyway, the book had a pattern made of the plastic lacing I remember making lanyards out of in elementary school. It sounds like fun! Almost like jelly shoes... So I'm thinking I'll make something out of that. I've been looking for sources online where I can get a spool of the lacing (vs. the 10 yd bits they sell at the craft store). I'm thinking I'll either make a small purse, or perhaps a wallet or a cell phone cozy. Maybe all three! I can't wait to start and to see what everyone else comes up with :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Dust Nimsakont said...

I saw that pattern! I'm actually thinking of knitting the belt out of leather cord from the same book (and you're correct, it is Knit Wit).

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 9 year old daughter knit a narrow belt out of lanyar plastic, I thought she was really clever...Nell

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home